Friday, June 3, 2011

Crazy jet boat James Bond

James Bond Boat - $3500 (Lexington)


Date: 2011-06-02, 5:48PM EDT
Reply to: sale-egabj-2417537657@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

This is the coolest boat you'll ever see, except for the James Bond boat in the movie. First the engine, it is not prop type. It's the same type motor used by jet skies, except much larger. it's 90 horsepower and the boat is only 13 ft long, and fairly lite weight which means it goes like a bat out of hell. When I first bought it, I took it out for a spin and it went so fast, I lost my nerve when I hit 60 and still had plenty of throttle. It's controlled by a joystick and feels more like an F16 fight jet, especially in turns. The most unussual thing about this boat is you can't flip it, I didn't believe it when I bought it, but I was told once the boat reaches plane, you can do a hard left or right and the boat will do a 360 while maintaining the same direction, moreover, before it reaches plane, you can almost stand it up straight. Well I tried it and they were right, and wow...very wierd sensation. What I didn't like was the plastic seats, because at speed every wake just plain hurt. Because this boat is so much one of a kind and does what it does. I decided to customize then inside. Then the divorce, and I've never gotten back to the project. Nothing wrong with the engine, but inside is stripped out. I fiberglassed a new dashboard, to house a bunch of electronics, which is 80% complete but still needs a little more work. I intended putting in some nice race car seats, but haven't got that far. Finally the plan was to make the canope motorized, again....still needs to be done. This boat needs time more than money. $1000 would complete all I've mentioned. But I'm moving to the west coast at the end of the month and there's no way I can complete it, nor can I tow a boat and a car all the way out there. I payed more than double than I'm asking, so this is a real steal for someone who can complete my dream. I'll let it go for $3500 only if you promise me to email pics when it's completed. Oh I forgot to mention that it can operate in only inches of water because it has no prop, and you don't have to worry about hitting underwater objects like logs. The boat comes with the trailer, but the trailer has a little rust, so you'd need at some point to grind off the rust and repaint. I've checked and the engine alone is worth what I'm asking.

shoot me an email if you'd like to come by and take a look! 


No comments:

Post a Comment