Friday, July 9, 2010

Yosmite Waterslides - Off 120 - Tenaya Creek

Took the whole family and friends to the Yosemite natural watersides. It was a perfect day in the mid seventies albeit smokey from the fires and the mosquitos were out in force. I must be pretty bitter because I didn't get bit to much but my youngest and my wife got torn up.




The slides are about an hour and ten minute drive from the house and then a two mile hike in. They are way off trail so unless you know where they are you won't find them. The slide only go off for about two to three weeks per year. Too early and it's super cold, fast moving water. Too late and it can be dry as a bone. This is the same spot I lost my wedding ring two years ago. We didn't find it today.



The hike in







Nice little swimming hole







Crossing the creek







Still hiking








My youngest son and daughter at the waterfall







Finally the slide








Action shot








fun times







My 11 year old






This smile sums up the day. If you are 36 or 11 this was plastered all over everyone's face.








The hike out. My three year old made it all the in and out with out any help.







And last but not least a scenic shot.







Good stuff and a super fun day with the family and friends. Video to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment