Friday, May 28, 2010

Nice hobie / anderson skiff boat with cabin

Hi all,

New to this forum and fishing. Thought I'd post a few photos of my Hobie Skiff remodel. Hull was stripped and sent to local boat builder in Santa Barbara, CA. The blue one posted earlier is an aquaintence of mine, lives in the same area that I do. I got the idea from him. The difference between mine and his, I did all of the hardware/motor mount fit myself. The same boat builder did his complete. Once it was returned to me, I spent about 9 months with the fit process.

The boat was built for local waters to explore for surf, I've surfed all of my life and as mentioned in the previous paragraph, have began to take rod and reel with me on my surf exploration adventures.

I have photo essay of the complete rebuild if someone is interested, can email them.

ep

1986 Hobie Skiff remodeled in 2005, cabin addition/fiberglass work performed by Anderson Boat Works, Goleta, CA. All hardware/electronics fabricated and installed by current owner. Hull is original, all other hardware/electronics are new.

Price - $12,000.00 OBO

Specifications
• Year Hull Built – 1986 (Anderson remodel completed 2005)
• Hull LOA – 15 ft
• Beam – 5 ft
• Engine – 2005 Yamaha 50T four stroke outboard
• Fuel Capacity – 36 gallons (duel tanks with tank isolation valves/filter)
• Radio – VHF Uniden
• GPS/Fish Finder – Lowrance 337C
• Electrical – Duel Odyssey dry cell racing battery with Perko isolator switch
• Navigation lights - Perko
• Seating – removable aluminum bench seat
• Trailer – 1999 Single Axle Galvanized EZ Loader –detachable locking tongue, bearing buddies, 13” tires w/spare (rated 1650 lbs)

Additional Equipment
• 3 leg ANSI rated sling for Hoist launch (currently Gaviota certified)
• Certified/inspected Gaviota lift points with stainless steel backing plates
• 4 soft goods storage areas with water tight slam hatches

The cabin remodel was completed with marine grade plywood/fiberglass, the usual Anderson method, have pictures of start to finish if desired. Boat must be seen in person to appreciate. The bench seat is removable for overnight sleep, sleeps two grown adults comfortably.

With full fuel tanks and smooth/good water, estimated range is around 500 miles. 78 hours on package since completion.

Boat has been garaged since remodel was complete. Engine is just past break in, phenomenal gas mileage.










No comments:

Post a Comment